What will be there to eat / drink / do?
There’s something for everyone at I Grow Chicago’s Gather Gala. Here’s a sampling of what you can expect to do at our event on October 17th:
- Eat food from all over Chicago, including mac n cheese from Big Delicious Planet, Demera Ethiopian, BBQ from Bill’s Grill, Joe’s Seafood, Hannah’s Bretzel, and desserts from Bon Vivant, Amy Beck Cake Design, Defloured Bakery — and more!
- Make the most of our open bar including wine from Cream Wine, champagne, beer from Lagunitas and Begyle, Virtue Cider, and specialty cocktails featuring Hennessy and RumChata
- Listen to live music from Chi West Band and BeatMix Music
- Bid on silent auction packages such as a couple’s retreat at Allyu Spa, Pitchfork festival tickets, 90 minute lifestyle photoshoot with Fig Media, and cosmetic treatments with Gold Coast Plastic Surgery and Erickson Dermatology.
- Dance to amazing selections from DJ Megan Taylor
- Learn more about I Grow Chicago, meet our staff and community, and find out how you can invest in peace
- Mingle with a diverse group of Chicagoans committed to social change!
What does it mean to sponsor a community member?
One of the best parts of the Gather Gala is that nearly 25% of our attendees are comprised of community members! Your sponsorship of a community member allows an Englewood resident to enjoy an amazing evening out in Chicago at our gala, covering the cost of their food and drink and allowing us to rent buses from Englewood to support our neighbors’ safe transportation to and from the event.
It costs $80 to sponsor a community member. Just select that option when you go to buy tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/3rd-annual-gather-gala-tickets-66226161231
Where will my money go?
Our 3rd annual Gather Gala is our biggest event of the year, and is critical to sustaining our work. The money raised at our gala allows us to continue building our Peace Campus, running our 15 programs, and growing our community towards thriving.
Last year, thanks to the money we raised at our gala, we provided:
- Short-term jobs to 59 Englewood residents, giving previously incarcerated individuals first entry point to legal, meaningful employment.
- Identification support for an average of 16 people monthly. Lack of a state ID is a huge barrier to meaningful employment, housing, and government benefits.
- 430 hours of job support, resulting in the successful placement of 30 people in jobs outside of I Grow Chicago
- 832 bus cards to Strive to Thrive participants for job interviews and their first two weeks of employment
- 115 children’s mattresses
- 2,000 winter clothing items
- 120 Thanksgiving turkeys
- 7,000 Christmas presents to families in need.
It takes money to heal the hood. We wish we could just run on love and hugs, but that’s only half the equation. We couldn’t hit these numbers without the dollars we raise at our gala.
Can I come and go anytime, or do I have to stay for the whole event?
Gather Gala runs 7-11 pm, and you can come and go as you need to. Here’s a rough outline of the evening, so you don’t miss any of the good stuff!
- 7-8 pm: live music from Chi West Band (and, of course, lots of food and an open bar)
- 8-8:30 pm: drumline performance and main presentation (you won’t want to miss this part!)
- 8:30-11 pm: dance floor with DJ Megan Taylor, silent auction bidding, late-night pizza, and more!
Is there assigned seating?
No! This event is cocktail party style, with seating available around the space for anyone who needs it. No need to worry about saving a spot for your friend!
What’s the parking situation?
We will have limited valet parking (for up to 100 cars) at the event, available for $20. You can reserve your spot in advance when you buy tickets, or pay on the spot. There is also some street parking available near Salvage One.
What do I wear?
Our motto at the Peace House is come as you are, and our gala keeps true to this core value. This event is a chance to show off your personal style — there’s no dress code, so you can leave your gown and tux at home (unless that’s your thing!) We encourage you to wear something fun and celebratory, that makes you feel good, and of course your dancing shoes.
How do I buy tickets?
You can purchase your ticket here:
Can I buy tickets at the door?
The past two years our gala has SOLD OUT in advance of the event, and we expect the same this year as well! We highly encourage you buy tickets in advance, as we can’t guarantee your spot if you wait and once we sell out we won’t be able to make exceptions for anyone (no matter how much we love you!)
If I can’t make it to the gala, how can I still support?
There are many ways you can support our healing justice work in Englewood:
- Donate to the event campaign by texting GATHERGALA to 44321
- Sponsor a community member’s ticket for $80 here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/3rd-annual-gather-gala-tickets-66226161231
- Become an event sponsor – learn more here: gala.igrowchicago.org/sponsors/
- Join our Hummingbird Club and become a monthly donor – learn more here: https://www.igrowchicago.org/hummingbird-club/
- Donate by check to:
I Grow Chicago, ℅ Robbin Carroll
415 E North Water St, #2503
Chicago, IL 60611